The Value of a Private School
“An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.”
John Paul II Catholic High School (JPII) is a private, college-preparatory school administered by the Roman Catholic Diocese of Raleigh. We are financed by tuition payments, charitable contributions, and the annual fund, receiving no government funding. We adhere to rigorous accreditation standards from Cognia (formerly AdvancED). What does this mean for parents, students, and JPII?
- We have the freedom to develop our own one-of-a-kind curriculum, allowing for enormous variety and creativity in teaching, course content, and the ability to tailor and accelerate classes according to the needs of our students.
- We establish very high standards for faculty based on our educational philosophy.
- We shape our learning community by choosing students and families who place a high value on an excellent education and faculty and administrators who best fit our mission and value.
- We make the choice to have small class sizes, focus closely on each individual child’s strengths and challenges, and foster meaningful relationships between students and faculty.
- We foster an active faith community identified by witness to Gospel values, prayer, and service.
- We place an emphasis on students actively working to improve the quality of life within their communities and churches through the use of their gifts in the service of others.