- Student Life
- About Us
John Paul II offers an engaging and exciting student life, with plenty of opportunities to interact with peers and explore new interests and opportunities. Developing a sense of responsibility, independence, communication, self-awareness and leadership skills happens not just in the classroom but through participation in other activities with the student body. Students are encouraged by staff, faculty and their peers to discover more about themselves in a safe, enriching environment. We are proud of our diversity and feel it is a true representation of our community in eastern North Carolina.
Student Life at JPII
- A small student body allows individuals to have meaningful relationships with their peers.
- Staff and faculty encourage students to grow and mature together in a safe environment.
- Numerous service opportunities teach students the importance of being stewards of the community.
- Our diverse, inclusive population is a true representation of the eastern North Carolina region.
- We offer lunch every day from area restaurants catered in for our students.
- Field trips and local art and music shows provide hands-on learning opportunities
We offer a wide range of extracurricular activities that encourage students to discover new interests and nurture them into valuable assets to be of service to Christ and their community. These activities teach students valuable skills such as leadership, independence and critical thinking, and deepen the connections from the curriculum to the real world. We’re proud to note that 100% of our student body participates in at least one sport or extracurricular activity.
- Spanish club
- Yearbook club
- Anchor club
- Drama club
- Boat building
- Project band
- National Honor Society
- Debate club
- Student government
To learn more about our student life opportunities or to schedule a tour and experience life at JPII yourself, contact us today.