- Student Life
- About Us
John Paul II Catholic High School Mission Statement
John Paul II Catholic High School embraces the mission of Jesus Christ: to form men and women of faith, knowledge and service in church and community. Within the tradition of our Catholic faith we build character through the development of the whole person in mind, body and spirit and instill a commitment to lifelong learning.
The importance we place on the education of a student in every aspect of their person rather than solely academically lies within our values grown from the catechesis of the Catholic Church:catechesis of the Catholic Church:
“…the totality of the Church’s effort to make disciples, to help people believe that Jesus is the Son of God so that believing they might have the life in his name, to educate and instruct them in this life, thus building up the body of Christ.”
Values of the John Paul II Calling
In support of this purpose, the board, faculty, staff, students and their families are committed to:
- Provide a high-quality learning environment characterized by intellectual inquiry for all students regardless of creed, ethnic, racial, social or economic state.
- Deliver a broad and integrated academic curriculum in a small classroom setting.
- Develop genuine personal relationships and reinforce the unity of students’ families.
- Create a climate for students characterized by high expectations, mutual respect, compassion and support.
- Foster an active faith community identified by witness to Gospel values, prayer and service. Teach students to work actively to improve the quality of life within their communities and churches through the use of their gifts in the service of others.
The Hallmarks of the John Paul II Identity
Our Catholic identity is defined by the values that flow from our mission statement, and comprise John Paul II’s unique learning lifestyle. We hope you will join us and engage with our respective lives, faith, and community in illustrating the impact a Catholic education can make. Celebrate with us as we embrace the values and ideals found in educating the mind, body, and spirit of students to serve their world to the best of their potential abilities.