- Student Life
- About Us
AP Environmental Science
B+ in Chemistry OR a B in Honors Chemistry
This laboratory course is intended to prepare the student to earn college credit by passing the Advanced Placement test in environmental science. It will provide students with knowledge of the principles that underlie the interrelationships of the natural world and methods to identify and analyze natural problems and human-caused problems in the environment along with examination of possible solutions to these problems. Environmental Science uses much of the knowledge students gained in Biology and Chemistry to investigate relationships and problems in the environment. Much of the lab work is done out- doors. Due to limited classroom time, Saturday and after school labs will be required. All students in this course must take the Advanced Placement Exam in May. Students are required to pay the AP examination fee.
1. All JPII Students must take three years of science
2. Students must take biology and either physics or chemistry to graduate
3. Four years of science with chemistry are recommended for four-year colleges
4. A biology, chemistry, and physics course are the best background for a career in science, engineering or medicine. Universities view taking physics positively when selecting incoming college freshmen!
5. Anatomy, AP Environmental, and AP Biology are senior only courses